Monday, July 27, 2009

Just a Quick Testimony


I guess I'll start as most blogs start and say I've never blogged before. I'll just tell you about myself. God saved me at the age of 25 when my life was nothing more than to get drunk as much as I could get away with and manage to go to work the next day. I've been a Christian for 16 years, so that would make me 41 years old. I don't know where I would be today if God didn't save me from the pit I was in. I'm so grateful. I'm a wife of one of the sweetest and most romantic guys around, Mike. I have three sons, Kyle who is 13, Blake 8 and David 6. Before I was saved, I was also a feminist, and really didn't have much interest in having kids. I think to be honest, I didn't trust my ability to be a parent. Once I had my first child, I couldn't believe God could bring such a love within my heart for my boys.


I'm not a good writer, but I love to communicate and share what the Lord teaches me. I thought I would use this as an outlet and hope it will encourage someone out there. I plan to start a video blog soon on the Titus 2: 3-5 principles that have reshaped my heart and attitude towards marriage. My marriage was in serious trouble for the first 10 years.


I've been married for 15 years, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I was committing blasphemy according to Titus 2:5. A self righteous, proud, bitter, discontented, angry woman would not win my husband or anyone else to Christ. Once I studied and applied each aspect of Titus 2:3-5, things changed. My husband is now a true believer as of this past July. Praise God! I don't want anyone think this is some secret formula for making a saved husband. Only God can save. I also had to realize by my own failures that following the Titus 2 principles is not some kind of humanistic method on how to be happy. The benefits became a byproduct, and not the prime product. Once it became about the Lord and obeying His word because I love Him, and recognizing I deserve nothing outside of His sufficient grace and mercy, I rested in His providence. I know once I changed my attitude about God's word and made the changes, I became closer to God, thus bringing a revival in my home. Mike has changed in ways that only God can make happen. It didn't happen over night. It took almost 15 years. I’m far from perfect, but he knows I"m trying to be a good wife. By striving to love him unconditionally, being a trusted friend, showing the respect he craves so much and admitting my failures, is when he began to witness God’s grace first hand in spite of my frailties.


"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment