Monday, January 2, 2017

The Hyper-Examined Life Is Not Worth Living in 2017 by The Gospel Coalition

In the comments are below this article I wrote:

I use to hyper-self examine myself for much of my Christian life until I understood the doctrine of imputation. Now my heckles go up a little during communion when we're asked to "Come to the table with a clean heart". Did anyone think this through? "The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it." As soon as communion is over we're thinking about what we're going to eat for lunch. Admit it. Self righteousness is a sin in of itself. It is the realization of our sin in contrast of Christ's death and depending on His grace, otherwise we're missing the point.

This is an excellent article by the Gospel Coalition about The Hyper Examined Life.