Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Reflections on Becoming a Titus 2 Woman by Sherry Wilson

“Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:3-5

"I had so many emotions well up in me while reading this book. Primarily sadness, because I realize that there is no older woman in my life that I regularly sit with, fellowship with and go to for advice."

Even in my forties I long for a spiritual mother to advise me with my boys (1 teen and 2 approaching) and my marriage. I've tried to reach out to the younger women, but making that connection in passing is difficult.

I just finished reading a blog this morning on Titus 2 and why it is practically is non-existent in most churches. When we stray away with extra-biblical traditions, it can hurt the generational church in the long run.  "I strongly believe that age segregation in the church has completely strangled the potential for the older women to train the younger women. It’s pretty much non-existent."

Full articleReflections on Becoming A Titus 2 Woman by Sherry Wilson

Related article: Is the Bible Really Enough?