Monday, October 1, 2012

You Can Trust God

"Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7 

I woke up this morning with a heavy and anxious heart. The economy is starting to take a toll on our family. My husband shared with me yesterday that we're in financial trouble. He is a worrier by nature and he tends to say that a lot, but this time his tone and expression was different, and it scared me.

My worst fear is that I will be pressured to send my children back to public school so I could help with the finances by going back to work. I couldn't bear the thought. I would do anything to avoid it, but I had to start with prayer; tearful prayer.

Earlier this summer I had to go to the hospital. It turned out to be nothing urgent, but the bill came in. Being under-insured and struggling to get by, I sent an application to reduce our bill and request to make monthly payments. I didn't expect much since so many people are out of work and most of them are uninsured.

It had been couple of weeks since I sent that application, so I called the hospital's billing department today.  By the grace of God, the bill was paid in full by an anonymous donor! I immediately began to cry and praising God with the lady still on the phone. I couldn't even speak though the tears of joy. My heart is so full and overwhelmed of His greatness and love.

A couple of years ago I heard a journal reading by Paul Washer. Before the news this afternoon I thought of it. He shared in tears of the providence of the Lord for the mission he started, and feared it would die out.

If you're struggling and need encouragement, listen to this incredible message.

2006 Heart Cry Paul Washer Journal Reading